Monday, November 22, 2010

You, me and the TSA

I haven't been on a plane in a real long time...at least 6 months.  I used to fly almost weekly.  That much travel is a great way to ruin your relationship with wife and children, but that is another posting at a later time.  I am dreading the next time I fly commercially as I hear about all the horror of getting through security: body scans, pat-downs, and whatever else may be done.  Here's what I think.  First, I want to Maximize Security, that would be mine and yours!  So, do what you need to do without worrying about my civil rights or sexually harrassing me.  Now having said that, I am not sure how I feel about the extreme pat down for my wife or daughter or grandchildren.  But, I still want them to fly with maximum security.  There's the dilemma for me.  Isn't there another way?  I guess not, or some one would have figured it out.  But wait a minute, why would I think someone can figure this out better than I can?  Let's have everyone go through a total body scan scanner.  Get over your embarassment of a few extra pounds, or what you think you look like to the inspector.  Let's do background checks on the inspectors so we don't get sex offenders, child molesters, etc.  And, if an inspector finds anything suspicious, then detain the passenger for a pat down or whatever.  If they refuse, kick them off the flight and detain them.  Take their luggage off the plane too.  While detained, they can be interrogated and searched as a matter of law.  Oh yes, let's get a law passed that allows for this process.  If we are not terrorists, what do we have to worry about?  If we are terrorists, well then the process will stop you from your misssion.  That sounds like a good thing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment