Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Look Back at 2010

With less than 2 days left in 2010, I am thinking about what has occurred this past year.  Lots to think about,  many good things, but a heck  of a lot of bad things too.  The good things include the birth of Ryan (my step grandson) on January 28, and the continued good health and development of my grandchildren, Braedon and Elliana.  They continue to be a source of wonder and awe as well as the best entertainment available.  The bad things center around health issues.  My wife fell and broke her pelvis in 2 places and her coccyx in 2 places, I had knee replacement surgery over 6 months ago that is still rehabbing as I write this, and my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer and is currently undergoing radiation treatment. 

Business was good this past year, but I am ready to retire.  I am also ready to depart NJ.  This state has so little going for it.  Why stay here?  We are thinking about moving to the South Carolina coast, culture shock for sure, but little, if any, snow and warmer average temperatures.  We'll see if that happens.

On a sad note, I remain estranged from my son.

As I look back on this almost-done year, I am happy to see it end and am looking forward to its successor.  A year from now, my high hopes for this new year may be dashed, but still there is the potential for so many good things!  I remain grateful for my family and friends and hopeful that 2011 will be better than 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment